Teijin Carbon Europe will participate in Composites Europe in Stuttgart, Germany.
Teijin Carbon Europe will showcase carbon fibre materials including:
- Tenax carbon fibres that significantly enhance properties in thermoset and thermoplastic reinforced composite materials. Teijin focuses on Tenax nickel-coated carbon fibres that have the mechanical properties of carbon fibre and good electrical conductivity of nickel.
- Tenax ThermoPlastics (TPUD and TPCL) that offer rapid production and processing, low scrap rates, high mechanical performance, strong chemical resistance and recyclability.
CSP will feature automotive parts including:
- Advanced Lightweight Composites that are dent-free, corrosion-resistant, cost-effective and also realise unique styling cues unattainable with metals. Premium Class A material, which can withstand the E-coat process, is used for a number of applications.
- Composite automotive door concept made from glass fibre sheet moulded compound (SMC). Benefits include cost efficiency equal to that of an aluminum door module, and the ability to achieve deep draws and superior design freedom not achievable with a metal. The solution also withstands the heat level of the conventional E-coat automotive painting process.
- Part via Preform (PvP) that enables serial production of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP) automotive parts. Carbon fibre is sprayed, consolidated and trimmed automatically into near net-shape preforms, helping to reduce carbon fibre waste and minimise intermediate processing. The injection is done by advanced resin transfer moulding (RTM) technology. Assembly carrier for the Porsche GT3 Cup II will be exhibited.
Visit Teijin in Hall 7, Stand A26 at Composites Europe in Stuttgart, Germany, 10-12 September 2019.
For more information visit:
Share this article