NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
“Plastic Composites – An Automotive Necessity” is the theme for The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) 1st Annual Automotive Composite Conference and Exposition. The event, scheduled for September 19th and 20th, 2001 at the Michigan State University Management Education Center in Troy, Michigan, is gaining great support from industry and individuals. Businesses are offering financial support and individuals are recognizing the conference as an excellent avenue for presenting their technical expertise.
“This conference is very timely and important with the current government regulations and consumer demands for lightweight, safe, and fuel efficient vehicles,” said Fred Deans, Chairman for the Composites Conference. “Consumers also want vehicles with unique styling, performance, and decorative enhancements that can only be achieved with plastic composites. Understanding plastic composite materials, applications, and processing technologies is a necessity for today’s automotive engineers, product developers, and executives.”
Sponsors for the conference to date include Azdel, Inc., Bayer Corporation, The Budd Corporation, Continental Structural Plastics, LNP Corporation, Composite Products, Inc., Hollinee, Owens Corning, and MTI Thermoplastic Composites. Sponsors contribute financial support for the event in exchange for attendance passes, display opportunities and advertising and publicity exposure via Conference promotions. Sponsorship is a great way to gain industry visibility, reach key industry engineers, product developers, and executives in the automotive composites market, and promote the use of
composites. Companies interested in sponsorships should contact the Composite Conference Sponsorship Co-chairs Michael Connolly (248) 322-7300 (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Dan Buckley (802) 492-3599 (Dbuck@vermontel.com).
Over 40 Technical Papers from leading OEM’s, Suppliers, and Consultants have been submitted. Papers will be categorized as Applications, Materials, Processes, Applications and Supporting Technologies. Key topics to date include:
– Light weight SMC Applications and Processing Technologies
– Natural Fiber Composites for interior Applications
– In-Line Compounding & Injection Molding of Long Fiber Thermoplastic Composites
– Effect of Fiber Length on Surface & Performance of Automotive Applications
– “Sandwich-Type” Composites for Large Scale Automotive Production
– Analytical Tools to Optimize Composite Applications
– Low-Density GMT Composite Materials & applications
– Long-Fiber Injection Molding of PU Composites
– Increasing Impact Performance of Short Fiber Composites
– Advancements in Adhesive Bonding of SMC Applications
– Low Cost LFT-D Process, Large Scale Production of Long Fiber Thermoplastic Composites
– Expanding Opportunities for Composite Automotive Structural Applications
The first day of the conference will include technical sessions focused on applications and trends for composites in automotive interiors, exteriors, chassis/structures, and powertrain. The second day will cover composite material developments and processing advances. Both days will include displays and presentations from composite material suppliers, molders/processors, OEM’s, and Tier 1 suppliers.
For more information visit: