Solvay presented its latest composite technology developments at SAMPE 2018 in Long Beach, California, US, on 21-24 May.
Solvay promoted technologies that enable the industrialisation of composite part manufacture:
- CYCOM 5320-1 for cost-effective OOA processing of aerospace structures;
- APC PEKK for rapid consolidation of thermoplastic composite structures. This unidirectional tape product enables affordable manufacturing processes with excellent toughness, damage tolerance, FST, and notched property performance;
- PRISM technology for high rate manufacture of integrated composite structures.
The company also showcased products and technologies that offer reliability and cost efficiencies:
- FusePly further enables the build of reliable, bonded composite parts through the creation of covalently bonded surfaces thus streamlining part integration and reducing assembly time in composite structures;
- Evolite F1050, newly launched product for oil and gas thermoplastic composite pipe applications;
- SolvaLite 730, a thermoset prepreg resin system specifically developed for high-volume automotive applications. This prepreg offers very short cycle times, enables robotic handling and eliminates the need for freezers and temperature controlled transportation;
- Tegracore PPSU Foam, a foam core under development ideal for thermoset or thermoplastic sandwich panels. It offers a high level of structural and functional integration and is lightweight (53 kg/m3) with a high strength -to-weight ratio.
- VAC-PLY VMS3, a multi-layer microporous vacuum channel for resin infusion specifically designed to maximise air removal during resin infusion processes, thus optimising impregnation and avoiding dry spots.
For more information visit:
Share this article