This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
The Network Group for Composites in Construction (NGCC) – the organisers of the Advanced Composites in Construction 2009 Conference (ACIC) – have launched the programme for this years’ event which will take place from 1st – 3rd September 2009 at the University of Edinburgh.
Now in its fourth biennial year, ACIC 2009 will focus on current topics within the construction industry to highlight the use of fibre reinforced polymer (FRP) composite materials in new and existing all-FRP structures as well as strengthening, refurbishment and reinforcement applications in traditional infrastructure. Keynote speakers from the UK and Canada will set the scene across the conference:
• Garth J. Fallis, Vector Construction Group, Canada – FRPs in Construction: A North American Perspective.
• Brian Bell, Network Rail, UK – Recent Developments in the Use of FRPs in the UK Railway Civil Engineering.
• Tim Ibell, University of Bath, UK – The Goal for the FRP Industry to be in Quadrant 1: Ongoing Research to assist in this Quest.
• David Kendall, Optima Projects, UK – Clearing the Hurdles to Growth and New Applications
• Amir Fam, Queen’s University, Canada – FRP Stay-in-Place Tubular Forms for a New Generation of Precast Concrete Piles and Poles
Fifty speakers from across the globe will present new concepts, techniques and case studies which will lead to greater understanding and exploitation of FRP composite materials for construction and civil engineering applications.
Registrations are now being taken for this event and forms can be downloaded from the conference website. An exhibition will run alongside the three day conference where there are also opportunities for sponsorship.
For more information visit: