Signus Medizintechnik and Icotec have developed the first cervical plate on the market that is made of PEEK.
The cervical plate is used for the stabilisation of the cervical spine and is made of Invibio’s Endolign, a biocompatible composite material made of endless fibre reinforced PEEK. The benefits of this plate and screws are said to be:
▪ Excellent fatigue resistance
▪ Low profile plate design with high mechanical strength
▪ Smooth hydrophobic surface to prevent soft tissue attachment
▪ Artefact free imaging procedures (CT and MRI) for accurate and reliable post-operative monitoring
▪ Angle stable screw positioning
▪ A plate design that supports simple surgical technique
For more information visit:
Subscribe to receive our weekly round-up of all the industry's latest news, jobs, events and more!