NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
As part of the JEC Composites Show from March 28-30 2006, the JEC Group is organising six Forums devoted to user markets: Marine, Mass Transit, Aeronautics, Construction, Automotive and for the first time a forum devoted to Natural Fibres.
The Forums reveal trends and establish development prospects for each sector. They are designed to encourage the transfer of knowledge between the sectors concerned and the different players in the composite market. The presentations are made by customer/supplier pairs – international experts involved in research, design, engineering and manufacturing activities. The forums will focus on innovations, materials, new processes and technology.
Dr Sue Halliwell of NetComposites, for many years involved in composites for construction, is pleased to be moderating the Construction Forum.
Marine Forum: Tuesday March 28, 2006, 10:30 am-1:00 pm
“Properties and reliability in the Marine Industry”
▪ Networking for better performances
Featuring: Donghua University, College of Textile (CN), EM St Etienne (FR), Ensieta (FR), High Modulus (UK), K Challenge (FR), Lola Composites (UK), Lola Group (UK), Matrix Applied Computing (UK), Professional Boatbuilder Magazine (UK), Protis Valor – Université de la Méditerranée (FR), VT Halmatic (UK)
Mass Transit: Tuesday March 28, 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
“Composites stand out: lightweighting, safety, maintenance, cost and damaging contributions”
▪ Presentation of a system of tramway and subway rails embedded on polyester segmented supports
▪ Renewable materials in bus components
▪ Lightweighting stakes for mass transit applications
▪ Composites as a solution against vandalism
▪ Composites in design stakes
Featuring: Ars Creatiae Ltd (Croatia), Daikin America, Inc. (USA), Faserinstitüt Bremen e.V. – Fibre (DE), Groupe Mäder (FR), GTI Process (FR), Kineco Group (IND), Newrail (UK), Start 6 Consulting (Croatia), Stratiforme (FR)
Aeronautics Forum: Wednesday March 29, 2006, 10:30 am-1:00 pm
“Risk reduction in design.”
▪ Opportunities to improve performance and reduce weight of composite structures
▪ New manufacturing solutions
▪ Minimization of design and process risks for CFRP-Innovations
▪ A competitive option for new aircraft developments
▪ Microwave effects on material properties
▪ Future developments and needs of composites for Helicopters
Featuring: CFK-Valley Stade E.V. (GE), Dassault Systemes (FR), EADS CASA (SP), Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH (GE), IDEC (SP), Institut Für Faserverbundleichtbau Und Adaptronik (GE), NATIONAL University Of Singapore (SGP), Stanford University (USA), The Boeing Company (USA)
Construction: Wednesday March 29, 2006, 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
“Civil Engineering : composites to last. Materials, infrastructure durability and rehabilitation”
▪ Composite analysis under random and cyclic – fatigue loading
▪ Basalt fibre reinforcements for composites
▪ High Performance GRP Pipe Solutions for Chemical, Oil and Gas Transport
▪ A FRP piping Infrastructure
▪ Use of composites plates for the rehabilitation of the sewages systems
▪ Composite enclosure
Featuring: Ahlstrom Glassfibre OY (FIN), Alpha Star Corporation (USA), Amiantit Fiberglass Ind Ltd (SAU), L.A.M.T.I./I.U.T. de Béthune – Dpt. Génie Civil (FR), NetComposites (UK), Owens Corning (USA), Structure & Rehabilitation (FR), SIKA France (FR), Fiberforce Composites Ltd (UK) , The Boeing Company (USA)
Natural Fibres: Thursday March 30, 2006, 10:30 am-1:00pm
“Natural fibres composites : the future of composites”
▪ Production and reproductibility
▪ Process and quality consistency
▪ Applications and design
Featuring: AFT Plasturgie (FR), Atoutveille (FR), Fibroline (FR), Help-Dehondt Technologies (FR), IDA (FR), Invent GmbH (GE), Universite De Bretagne Sud (FR)
Automotive: Thursday March 30, 2006, 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
“An Industrial composites solution for each specification”
▪ New design and manufacturing processes
▪ Automotive interior materials
▪ A new generation of coatings and gelcoats
▪ New safety and environmental solutions
▪ From small to large scale
Featuring: ATR Engineering (IT), BÜFA Reaktionsharze GmbH & Co. KG (GE), Cadence Innovation (FR), General Motors R&D Center (USA), Lola Composites (UK), Owens Corning (USA), Vistagy, Inc. (USA)
For more information visit: