NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
The second JEC Americas Composites Show and Conference will welcome delegates from around the globe to Boston, US, from 2 – 4 October 2013.
JEC Group says this much-anticipated event provides the continent’s premiere venue for composites designers, manufacturers and suppliers to showcase their technologies, expand their expertise, network with a wide array of industry professionals and gain a competitive edge in this important market.
“The Americas are a critical strategic market for anyone hoping to compete in the global composites industry. The region represents 34% of the global composites industry in value and 32% in volume, and is a leading innovator in key composites end-markets, including transportation, aeronautics, automation and wind energy,” said Frédérique Mutel, JEC’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
JEC Americas will highlight the following four, key composites sectors.
· Automotive: By far the largest composites end-user sector in the Americas, the automotive sector is projected to see continued growth fuelled by demand for lightweight materials.
· Automation: a small but rapidly growing sector, automation is both an end-market and key enabler for composites technology. One-third of JEC’s portfolio is now composed of industrialists proposing new equipment, machines or software for accelerated composites production.
· Aeronautics: representing 6% of the overall composites market, aeronautics is a key end-market and support for composites innovation due to the drive for lightweight, high-strength materials.
· Building and Construction: representing 15%of the overall composites market, building and construction continues to fuel growth and development of composites materials thanks to ongoing rehabilitation of existing structures in the Americas.
This year’s event will put forward the influence of two particular American regions on the global composites industry.
· Canada, named this year’s Country of Honour by JEC Americas, is home to an estimated 300 composites companies, employing around 50,000 people and serve the country’s internationally competitive aeronautics, automotive, wind, construction and industrial sectors
· California, JEC America’s featured state, is a key supplier of raw materials and innovation for composites technology, as well as a manufacturing powerhouse for the aeronautics, marine and automation sectors.
JEC Americas 2013 will fulfil one of the organisation’s key missions: sharing leading-edge innovations within the composites community. It will provide a stage for the Ninth Innovative Composites Summit (ICS), a programme of strategic and technical conferences and forums. The preliminary programme features sessions on composites design and processing; composites’ contribution to civil engineering, automotive, aeronautics and security applications; and advances in materials technologies. JEC Group will issue a finalised programme this summer.
In view of North America’s educational and scientific landscape, the conference will include a large Education & Skills Village that will host around 30 universities, composites and advanced-materials organisations, academic groups, market associations and scientific centres.
The JEC Americas Composites Show will also allow JEC to provide its expertise on value-added services, such as the Business Meetings Program – which arranges meetings with pre-selected companies – or the Job Centre, where visitors and exhibitors can post job vacancies and CVs.
JEC says innovation is the key to its activities, and the JEC Americas Innovation Awards program will honour the best new products, processes and applications in the composites industry. This highly acclaimed program has already rewarded more than 700 companies and their partners throughout the world at ceremonies in Paris, Shanghai, Mumbai, Singapore and Boston. The winners and the laureates will exhibit their best composites solution at the Innovation Showcase during JEC Americas 2013.
Photo provided by JEC
For more information visit: