NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
Bond-Laminates is been supplying its Tepex dynalite Glass/PA6 laminates for the BMW M3 bumper beam.
The thermoplastic composite beam has been manufactured by Jacob Composite GmbH, Wilhelmsdorf (D). Jacob Composite and Bond-Laminates have cooperated intensively to customize the material lay-up for cost and performance.
Principally, this development was relying on the structural performance of Tepex dynalite Glass/PA6 materials against incumbent materials. The result made BMW and Jacob choose for a running material change during an ongoing production.
According to Mr. Marko Wacker, manager of R&D at Jacob Composites, the Tepex dynalite Glass/PA6 material offers the following advantages:
• weight reduction from 7 kg to 3.1 kg vs. aluminium beams
• three to four times better material crash performance vs. steel
• excellent structural performance
• a fast and reproducible manufacturing of the beam
• a higher temperature stability and better crash performance than Glass/PP materials
For more information visit: