NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
The European Pultrusion Technology Association (EPTA) has recently completed a Market Study of the Developments in the European Market for Composites Profiles in relation to the World Pultrusion Markets.
The EPTA Association, formed in 1989 by the leading Fibre Reinforced Composites Pultruders in Europe, produced the research to answer a central question of What are the current and future developments on the pultrusion market and in which way can the companies in the pultrusion industry anticipate on, or prepare themselves for, these developments?
The question was divided into four main areas:
1. Supply chain: What is the structure of the supply chain and the companies? – Analysis of European pultruders and brief analyses of raw material manufacturers, traders and fabricators.
2. The pultrusion market: What is the level of market growth for 2010?
3. Market development: What are promising applications for the future?
4. Trends and implications for the future: How can companies anticipate on these developments?
The main findings of the report are:
1. The supply chain is not consistent and companies have fragmented strategies for promotion and awareness programmes. A strong Branch organization is needed to coordinate improvements.
2. The Academic World needs to be more involved in research, development and young engineers need to be educated.
3. Standardization is still a major area of concern. Perhaps ISO standards are needed.
4. Level of Awareness in USA is almost 3 times higher in USA as in Europe.
5. Building and construction market is expected to have the biggest market growth in the next 5 years.
6. European Production volume between 2005 and 2010 will grow from 75.000 to 95.000 tons
The 100 page report can be ordered from the EPTA Association office. Cost for Members is 320 Euros – Non Members 640 Euros. A copy of the brochure can be downloaded here.
For more information visit: