NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details see our joint press release.
Dassault Systèmes has released the latest version of its 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
According to Dassault, V6 Release 2013 brings new capabilities to numerous industries including aerospace and defence, transportation and mobility, marine and offshore, consumer goods and consumer packaged goods.
Dassault says V6 Release 2013 of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform includes:
• new xCAD file converters for easier supply chain collaboration and reuse of parts without translation;
• newly published APIs in robotics, ergonomics and machining; and
• additional xPDM interfaces for enhanced flexibility, including several with SAP.
Dassault explains V6 Release 2013 brings significant enhancements to its existing solutions, such as:
• Transportation and Mobility solutions: updated ENOVIA integrations with the industry-standard International Material Data System and CATIA Live Weight to dashboard an assembly’s weight, centre of gravity, and related tolerances. Additionally, creative designers now have a dedicated character line feature in Imagine & Shape, CATIA’s virtual clay modeller, to smooth and refine sharp edges in exterior body designs.
• Marine and Offshore solutions: additional digital ship platform capability with the new Structure Detail Design product and its integration with CATIA’s Structure Functional Design. This data associativity means that later functional design changes propagate to the structural detailed design.
• Consumer Goods and Consumer Packaged Goods Industry solutions: improved usability, visualisation and performance in 3DVIA Store, the 3D retailing and merchandising simulation solution, enhancements to Natural Sketch, CATIA’s 3D sketching solution, and improved interface to the product formula design and management capabilities from recently acquired Enginuity Solutions.
• All industries will get value from Exalead CloudView’s new linear scalability and connectivity enhancements, extracting easy views from both structured or unstructured data, enterprise or Web-based. Exalead’s data model is now extended to immediately transform heterogeneous, multi-source Big Data into consistent intelligent information.
“The globalisation of our company requires integrated and standardised engineering processes, which also interface to production and to external suppliers,” said Kai Wallasch, responsible for Global CAD-PDM at CLAAS, manufacturers of agricultural machinery. “In addition, the use of virtual engineering features will reduce time-to-market of our products considerably and support the managing of increasing product complexity. The integrated combination of ENOVIA V6 and CATIA V6 is one of the key systems to deal with these future challenges.”
“At each release of our 3DEXPERIENCE platform, our focus is to provide our customers with improved capabilities to create the right value for their own customers or consumers,” said Dominique Florack, Senior Executive Vice President, Products, R&D, Dassault. “By thinking in terms of the final value that our customers need to bring to their ultimate consumers, we fundamentally impact the platform enhancements that need to be done. Many in the software industry frequently say they’re ‘customer-centric.’ But our approach goes beyond simply delivering towards customer needs. It means aligning ourselves to the real business challenges they’re facing and designing the right platform enhancement ‘with their consumer’s needs in mind, beyond IT.”
For more information visit: