NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details see our joint press release.
Composites UK, the accredited trade association for the UK composites industry, has announced the winners of its 2014 industry awards, which will be presented on 11th November 2014.
The 2014 event will be held at the National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham, UK, and will again be aligned with the Composites Engineering Show.
The award winners are as follows.
· Innovation in Design: Morgan Composites and Defence – Structural composite blast and ballistic resistant crew compartment, replacing metallic pod.
· Innovation in Manufacture: Metrology Software Products Ltd – NC-PerfectPart eliminates errors from composite machining.
· Innovation in Materials: Zircotec – Electrically insulating ceramic based lightweight coating enables composites to be specified for new applications.
· Environmental: ELG Carbon Fibre – recycling process for carbon fibre (new recycled materials developed).
· Employer: Airbus Operations.
· Employee: Jonny Haley, MPM Bradford.
· Apprentice: Kaylie Mitchell, MPM Bradford
Morgan Composites and Defence, Metrology Software Products and ELG Carbon Fibre will take part in a dedicated open forum at Composites Engineering showcasing their winning entries on Tues 11th November at 15:30 – 16:00 in Open Forum Area 3.
Over 200 delegates are expected at the black-tie dinner, which Composites UK states is the premier awards giving ceremony in the industry.
Claire Whysall, Composites UK’s Communications Manager said; “This year saw a record amount of award entries being sent to us, and it’s great to see the UK industry standing up and shouting about what they are achieving. This is reinforced by the uptake in participation in the coinciding Composites Engineering Show which has gone from strength-to-strength over the past few years.
“We’d like to see as many companies as possible represented at the dinner, with options to book one or two seats, or a whole table if companies want to bring clients along. It’s a great place to network but also relax a little after day one of Composites Engineering.”
Sponsorship opportunities are also available, with options from sponsoring one of the award categories to the evening’s drinks reception. Full details can be found on the Association website.
For more information visit: