NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to email@example.com.
For further details see our joint press release.
The Composite App Challenge invited individuals and teams to submit applications and ideas in four categories intended to help resolve some of societys pressing issues infrastructure durability, fuel efficiency, renewable energy and protection from harm, and the finalists for each category have been announced.
▪ Tony Carvalho, Brazil, Impermeable Composite for Solvent
▪ Tony Vanswijgenhoven (business), Covess, Belgium, Thermoplastic Hot Water Storage Tank
▪ Juergen Weigel (business), Brazil, Continuous Winding Technology
▪ Yuhe Yang (business), U.S., Composite Bridge
▪ Leandro Henrique Grizzo (Student), Brazil, Reforamento de Compostos de PVC com Fibras de
▪ Vidro Longas para Aplicaes na Construo Civil
▪ Evgeniy Nikolaev (business), Galen Ltd., Russia, Composite High-Pressure Pipeline
▪ Joe Carruthers (team), United Kingdom, Lightweight Crashworthy Train Cab
▪ Willem Louw (business), Lomold (Pty) Ltd, South Africa, Composite Pallet Box
▪ Gauri Dutt Sharma, India, Lighter Container
▪ Philip Thicthener, Australia, Carbon and Glass in Filament Winding
▪ Doug Selsam (business), U.S., Superturbine Rotor Blades
▪ Claudio Mascialino (business), Bluebasic GmbH, Austria, Vertical Wind Generator
▪ John Gangloff (Student), U.S., Fuel Cells
▪ Jaap Ketel, Netherlands, Solar Kettle
▪ Thomas Kloss, U.S., Commercial Ducted Savonius Rotor VAT WEC
▪ Philipp Schilcher (Student), Austria, Increasing Efficiency in Concentrated Solar Power
There were no finalists in category Protection from harm
Application finalists are being invited to present their concepts to a panel of judges. Application and idea winners will be announced during the first week in February 2011.
For more information visit: