The University of Delaware Center for Composite Materials (UDCCM ) has received $1.4M for their Advanced Material Intelligent Processing Center: Maritime Manufacturing programme.
Established by the Office of Naval Research (ONR) at UDCCM in 1997, the AMIPC is an interdisciplinary program of collaborative research with NSWC-Carderock and industry partners. Under the direction of Professors Suresh G. Advani and John W. Gillespie, Jr., AMIPC research will focus on:
– Process models and simulations for out of autoclave processing
– Property evaluation methodologies and development of material constitutive models for sandwich and hybrid structures under dynamic and impact loadings
– Embedded sensors for health monitoring
– Online process sensing and control strategies and
– Integrated CAD/CAE environment for design of components for next generation Navy composite structures and applications.
For more information visit:
Subscribe to receive our weekly round-up of all the industry's latest news, jobs, events and more!