26 June 2012
26 June 2012
The latest event from the NetComposites’ Insight Group, taking place on 19th July 2012 in Birmingham, looks at the use of fibre reinforced polymers (FRP’s) in sporting applications.
Insight says the sports industry is one of the biggest consumers of FRP composites, based on carbon, glass and more recently natural fibres. Improvements in performance, through light weight and stiffness characteristics have led to a growing consumer-led market. Golf club shafts were one of the first to take advantage of the light weight benefits of carbon fibre, sail and surfboards were some of the first to utilise composite sandwich structures, snow sports have created some of the best tooling in the industry and biking continues to push the limits of weight reduction. The advent of prosthetic limbs in Paralympic events has led to ethical questions being raised by some on their appropriate use.
This one day technical workshop will look at how composites are changing sports equipment for the better, constantly pushing the boundaries and in particular how they will be utilised in the upcoming 2012 London Olympic Games.
Speakers at this event are:
• Dr. Alan Smith – The Impact of Nanotechnology in Sports and Leisure Applications
• Dr. Brendon Weager, Composites Evolution – Natural Fibre Composites in Sport
• Peter Waldmeier, Huntsman – Third Generation Toughened High-End Araldite NanoTech Composite RTM System for Sport Applications
• Dimitris Katsanis, METRON Advanced Equipment – The Olympic Carbon Bicycle Frame; Design Methodology, Considerations, Manufacturing and Results
• Prof. Siamak Noroozi, University of Bournemouth – Understanding Composite Prosthetic Foot Dynamics and its Potential for Performance Enhancement
Registration for this event is now open at £155 (Ex. VAT) per delegate. For more details and a registration form visit www.netcomposites.com/workshops.
Composite Integration are excited to announce it has appointed TrioBotics Automation Solutions as their official distributor in India with immediate effect.
Negri Bossi will be present at MECSPE, first Italian event of the year 2019 that will take place in Parma, Italy from 28-30 March; the attendance at this event is testament that the society continues to take an interest in the domestic market.
Established in 2003, MB Spritzgusstechnik in Marktoberdorf, Bayern, Germany is an owner-managed company. MB develops and produces technically sophisticated injection moulded parts from almost all common thermoplastics and recycled materials.