26 September 2010
26 September 2010
NetComposites is hosting a series of micro sessions on emerging technologies at the Composites Engineering Show next week at the Pavilion NEC Weds/Thurs 29/30 Sept, covering biocomposites, fire retardant systems, self-reinforced plastics and nanocomposites.
The four sessions are designed to provide a glimpse into new composite materials that are becoming commercially available and which provide significant step changes in aspects such as mechanical performance, fire performance, sustainability and cost. The sessions are:
Weds 29 Sept
10.30: Bio-Derived Composites Micro Session
• Emerging technologies in composites from sustainable resources - Doctor Emiliano Bilotti, Queen Mary, University of London
• Performance from natural products - Elaine Arnold, Composites Evolution Ltd
• Development of epoxy pre-pregs using bio-based curing agents - Nicholas Cronin, Elmira Ltd
14.30: Fire Retardant Composite Materials Micro Session
• Emerging technologies in fire-retardant composites - Professor Geoff Gibson, NewRail Research Centre, Newcastle University
• Recent advances in fire retardant systems - urethane acrylates and intumescent technology - Sarah Silsby (Technical Service Chemist - Composites), Scott Bader Company Limited
• Furan biocomposites – fire retardant and environmentally friendly! Dr Brendon Weager (Technical Manager), NetComposites Ltd
Thurs 30 Sept
10.00: Self-Reinforced Plastics Micro Session
• Self Reinforced Plastics: An Overview - Lucas Morgan, NetComposites
• Self reinforcing thermoplastic composites for Boat building - Andy Fox, Andy Fox boat build
• Curv – Bridging gaps in the composite world - Bernd Elfering, Propex Fabrics GmbH
13.30: Nanocomposites Micro Session
• Nanocomposites: An Overview - Professor Alexander Bismarck, Department of Chemical Engineering, University College London
• Graphene and Graphene Nanocomposites - Professor Robert J Young FREng, School of Materials, University of Manchester
• Development of Fire Retardant Polyester-Clay Nanocomposites - Dr Brendon Weager, NetComposites Ltd
Pre-register to visit The Composites Engineering Show next week at the link below, which includes free access into the NetComposites-hosted sessions in the Open Technology Forum.
ZSK will hold its bi-annual technology showcase on 21-22 September 2018 at its Krefeld, Germany, headquarters. The Embroidery Technology Show assembles more than 25 exhibitors from around the world to discuss emerging trends in the embroidery manufacturing industry and demonstrate the latest products produced using techniques such as tailored fibre placement (TFP) or smart textiles.
Parth Rawal, a scientist at the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Applied Materials (IFAM), Stade, Germany, has been presented with the MT Aerospace Innovation Award for his master thesis Sensor Based Online Monitoring System for Detection of Milling Defects on CFRP Structures.
Carbon fibre parts for the Callaway AeroWagen sports car were manufactured using RAMPF’s RAKU TOOL MB-0600 polyurethane board and RAKU TOOL EL-2203 / EH-2970 resin infusion system.