26 September 2010
26 September 2010
JETCAM International will be launching its CrossTrack order, material, ply and kit management software suite at the Composites Engineering Show at the NEC, UK on 29th and 30th September 2010.
JETCAM will be sharing booth no 200 with VISTAGY, and demonstrating the integration between VISTAGY’s FiberSIM software and JETCAM Expert CADCAM and Nesting software. JETCAM say that CrossTrack provides complete end to end management of orders, materials, the resulting plies and the kits that they become. When using JETCAM and Expert in conjunction with CrossTrack, Expert becomes a ‘black box’ nesting engine, automatically processing queued orders and generating NC code without human intervention.
CrossTrack allows the user to track pre-preg composite material:
• From delivery to the company
• Through the freezer – managing the time in and out of the freezer, plus re-lifing if required
• Totally hands off nesting using JETCAM Expert’s high performance nesting, delivering the most efficient nests in the industry
• From selecting a specific roll from the freezer to go to the cutter for nesting and shows the user graphically when the roll is defrosted and ready to be cut.
• When the plies are cut on the ply cutter and CrossTrack provides traceability of which roll each individual ply was cut from.
• When the plies are then Kitted and CrossTrack manages the times in and out of the freezer should the kit not go directly to layup.
CrossTrack allows manufacturers to move away from the traditionally paper-based methods of tracking to a completely electronic environment, whilst also removing the possibility for data entry errors by replacing this manual process with technology such as bar code scanners on the shop floor.
Said Martin Bailey, Marketing Manager; “CrossTrack resolves the issues that aerospace companies have been battling with since the original move from metal to composite manufacturing. The very nature of the manufacturing process creates major headaches in tracking material location and life, plus having traceability from finished part back to material suppliers. CrossTrack delivers this in real time company-wide, and provides an immediate and demonstrable return on investment.”
JETCAM will be providing demonstrations of both JETCAM Expert and CrossTrack at the booth, and will also be offering free nest comparisons, where users can gauge the efficiency of their existing nests against JETCAM’s high performance nesting module.
Web Industries, a precision formatter of flexible materials and an outsource manufacturer, has been awarded associate membership in the prestigious National Composites Centre.
Porcher Industries has celebrated the opening of its new Chinese manufacturing site. The inauguration of Zhejiang Porcher Industries New Material on 22 November demonstrates the company’s commitment and confidence in the region, its Chinese partners and the next chapter of growth for Porcher Industries as a global leader in technical textiles.
Companies from a variety of sectors, including aerospace, textiles, graphics and packaging, recently attended the Open House hosted at Zünd UK's dedicated demonstration suite in St Albans, UK.