12 November 2010
12 November 2010
Vistagy has released FiberSIM 2010, the latest version of its engineering software for designing and manufacturing innovative, durable and lightweight composite structures.
Many features of the new software were inspired by the adoption of composites in a growing number of industries and Vistagy say that the new version of FiberSIM includes the following features:
- Advanced features for preserving composite design intent, which capture the critical inputs that drive the composite part design at the earliest stages of development.
- Enhanced ability to design for manufacture of advanced materials and processes, including new Multi-Layer Material Simulation that provides insight into the drapeability of non-crimp fabrics (NCF) and other advanced materials,.
- An improved connection between design and analysis to enable more efficient transfer of composite design requirements.
- The industrys first standardized 3D model-based representation of the composite part definition.
- New functionality for validating that the as-built part is representative of the as-designed/analyzed part, ensuring adherence to design specifications.
- An improved user experience through a redesigned interface tailored to specific use cases, which puts key functionality at the users fingertips.
""FiberSIM has been the cornerstone of our composites engineering process for the last eight years,"" stated Ian Goddard, senior CAE engineer for Renault F1 Team. ""Its the only comprehensive software product that addresses the entire composites engineering process, meeting challenges from conception to deployment of the vehicles on the track. New functionally in FiberSIM 2010 makes it possible for us to exploit the advantages of the newest materials and processes in an effort to get the most optimized and competitive race cars to the starting line as quickly as possible. ""
""FiberSIM 2010 continues to strengthen our solutions for composites engineering by meeting the growing needs of OEMs and suppliers that are designing and building composite parts within the aerospace, automotive, wind energy, and various other industries,"" said Steve Peck, director of product and market strategy at VISTAGY. ""These manufacturers acknowledge that to take full advantage of the latest advancements in composite materials and processes, they need to focus on optimizing designs to achieve the ideal balance between cost, performance, quality, manufacturability, reliability, and maintainability. FiberSIM 2010 gives them the tools to meet that objective.""
Scigrip has expanded its agreement with Biesterfeld Spezialchemie to include France and the French territories in Northern Africa, with immediate effect.
EconCore will unveil the latest developments in its thermoplastic honeycomb core production technology at NPE2018 on 7-11 May in Orlando, Florida, US.
Short-lived bridge products that require constant care and regular replacement have prompted parks and recreation agencies to look for longer lasting alternatives.