12 November 2010
12 November 2010
Cray Valley, Gazechim and Chomarat recently held a demonstration day on closed mould processes, in cooperation with MVP, Matrasur and Wacker.
Around 60 people from the composite industry attended the event, held on October 5th 2010. After an overview of the composite market trends and an update on the last evolutions of European Union Environmental regulation (REACH), the attendees assisted to four demos around closed mould processes :
- Injection of a part in RTM Light with Cray Valley low shrink resins (UPEX 091455).
- Infusion of a part with Chomarat Roviflow NET1.
- Moulding of a silicon membrane from Wacker.
- Infusion by Flex Molding process from MVP.
These workshops highlighted benefits of each process in terms of :
- Productivity, and economical savings.
- Industrialisation ease.
- Improvement of surface aspects.
- Anticipation of new environmental pressures.
At the end of the day, attendees had the opportunity to discuss the development of closed mould processes and their environment. The organisers have also launched a Closed Mould Tour, and similar upcoming events will take place in several European regions in 2011.
Brazilian reference in the manufacture of composites tanks and special equipment, Tecniplas predicts a growth of 10% in its sales in 2019.
In response to growing market demand, METYX USA is boosting production of its range of high-performance technical textiles in its factory in Gastonia, North Carolina, US which recently gained ISO 9001:2015 QMS accreditation.
Norco have opened a new training centre in a purpose-built facility to give hands-on training for new apprentices to tackle the local skills shortage.