10 February 2010
10 February 2010
JEC has set the agenda for their 2010 Paris Conferences and Forums, which will take place during JEC Composites Show Paris (Porte de Versailles, Pavillon 1, Place de la Porte de Versailles, April 13-15 2010).
JEC 2010 will host 12 conferences and forums, three of which will be new categories, made up of 100 speakers from 20 countries.
Highlights include the forum on Recycling and Life Cycle Management, as well as forums on how the Automotive industry has coped with increasingly stringent environmental regulations and how automation is helping to lower the cost of composite manufacturing.
The conference / forum schedule is as follows:
Industry end-user forums:
- Aerospace : Controlling cost of aircraft structures - Thursday, April 15 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
- Automotive : Meeting ever more stringent environmental regulations - Tuesday, April 13 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
- Construction and Civil Engineering : Composites becoming established - Tuesday, April 13 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
- Marine : Improving quality and producing at low costs - Thursday, April 15 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
- Transportation : Reducing costs and CO2 pollution: the new deal - Thursday, April 15 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
- Wind Energy : Focusing on higher quality and reliability at market price - Thursday, April 15 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
- Automation : Reducing the cost of manufacturing composite parts - Wednesday, April 14 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
- Bio-Based Materials : Going green! - Wednesday, April 14 - 2.30pm / 5.00pm
- NEW! Recycling and Life Cycle Management : Recycling as part of an integrated life cycle management - Tuesday, April 13 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
- Composites Design in partnership with Stanford University : Acquiring proficiency in composites design - Wednesday, April 14 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
- NEW! Composites Simulation in partnership with ESI Group : Optimizing the design and manufacturing simulation processes - Wednesday, April 14 - 2.30pm / 5.00pm
- NEW! Composites Development Process in partnership with DLR CFRP Research : Exploring challenges of process chain for CFRP structures - Tuesday, April 13 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
Zünd UK demonstrated its precision cutting systems at Advanced Engineering 2018, focusing on how they can increase productivity and maximise profits for customers across a variety of business sectors.
Chomarat has invested in a new pilot production line to develop its next generation of scrim reinforcements for the construction market. Conceived for the development of cement board and roof-waterproofing reinforcements, the machine can also develop materials for new markets.
Bucher Leichtbau and Ensinger have collaborated in a project to showcase the advantages of thermoplastic composites in an aircraft interior application.