20 December 2010
20 December 2010
The Composite App Challenge invited individuals and teams to submit applications and ideas in four categories intended to help resolve some of societys pressing issues infrastructure durability, fuel efficiency, renewable energy and protection from harm, and the finalists for each category have been announced.
▪ Tony Carvalho, Brazil, Impermeable Composite for Solvent
▪ Tony Vanswijgenhoven (business), Covess, Belgium, Thermoplastic Hot Water Storage Tank
▪ Juergen Weigel (business), Brazil, Continuous Winding Technology
▪ Yuhe Yang (business), U.S., Composite Bridge
▪ Leandro Henrique Grizzo (Student), Brazil, Reforamento de Compostos de PVC com Fibras de
▪ Vidro Longas para Aplicaes na Construo Civil
▪ Evgeniy Nikolaev (business), Galen Ltd., Russia, Composite High-Pressure Pipeline
▪ Joe Carruthers (team), United Kingdom, Lightweight Crashworthy Train Cab
▪ Willem Louw (business), Lomold (Pty) Ltd, South Africa, Composite Pallet Box
▪ Gauri Dutt Sharma, India, Lighter Container
▪ Philip Thicthener, Australia, Carbon and Glass in Filament Winding
▪ Doug Selsam (business), U.S., Superturbine Rotor Blades
▪ Claudio Mascialino (business), Bluebasic GmbH, Austria, Vertical Wind Generator
▪ John Gangloff (Student), U.S., Fuel Cells
▪ Jaap Ketel, Netherlands, Solar Kettle
▪ Thomas Kloss, U.S., Commercial Ducted Savonius Rotor VAT WEC
▪ Philipp Schilcher (Student), Austria, Increasing Efficiency in Concentrated Solar Power
There were no finalists in category Protection from harm
Application finalists are being invited to present their concepts to a panel of judges. Application and idea winners will be announced during the first week in February 2011.
Scigrip has expanded its agreement with Biesterfeld Spezialchemie to include France and the French territories in Northern Africa, with immediate effect.
EconCore will unveil the latest developments in its thermoplastic honeycomb core production technology at NPE2018 on 7-11 May in Orlando, Florida, US.
Advanced Engineering 2018, the UK exhibition for advanced engineering professionals, is celebrating its 10th birthday by being bigger and better than ever, according to show organiser Easyfairs.