12 December 2010
12 December 2010
SAMPE UK & Ireland Chapter has organised a 1 day seminar and table top exhibition for SMEs at Cranfield University on Thursday February 24th 2011.
The Seminar addresses progress in materials and manufacturing technologies that are essential to secure continued success for cost effective high performance composites.
SAMPE UK & Ireland Chapter will also host a Table-Top Exhibition Sponsored by KTN Materials for innovative UK SMEs who offer cutting edge solutions to problems that we may yet have to consider. This is the second KTN Materials sponsored SAMPE SME exhibition and follows on a very successful event at the 2010 Seminar which proved to be great opportunity to network with delegates.
Presentations will be made by key innovators in the aerospace, renewable and marine sectors and will include the following:
▪ Innovative multi-axial fabrics for complex composite components - Sigmatex
▪ Automated composite manufacturing for aero engines components - Rolls-Royce
▪ Automation in the production of Wind Energy Composite Components Vestas
▪ Advances in the Automated Manufacturing of Large Composites Marine Structures Princess Yachts.
▪ Rapid Dry Carbon Fibre Lay-up - Bombardier Aerospace
▪ Automated Fibre Placement of Complex Composite Structures - Cobham Composite Technologies
Full details of the seminar, SME and enrolment from SAMPE UK & Ireland website.
Boeing has delivered the first of ten 787 Dreamliners to WestJet, marking the start of the airline's global expansion. Having long operated a fleet of Boeing single-aisle jets, WestJet will use the super-efficient, long-range 787-9 Dreamliner to profitably serve new international routes.
One of the most respected and successful names in motorsport is working with lightweighting and materials researchers at the AMRC to advance its processes for manufacturing recyclable composite components that extend useful lifetimes and reduce tooling costs.
The Middlesex production facility of Web Industries’ Aerospace market team has earned accreditation from Nadcap (the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program) covering the facility’s composite cutting and kitting operations.