12 December 2010
12 December 2010
SAMPE UK & Ireland Chapter has organised a 1 day seminar and table top exhibition for SMEs at Cranfield University on Thursday February 24th 2011.
The Seminar addresses progress in materials and manufacturing technologies that are essential to secure continued success for cost effective high performance composites.
SAMPE UK & Ireland Chapter will also host a Table-Top Exhibition Sponsored by KTN Materials for innovative UK SMEs who offer cutting edge solutions to problems that we may yet have to consider. This is the second KTN Materials sponsored SAMPE SME exhibition and follows on a very successful event at the 2010 Seminar which proved to be great opportunity to network with delegates.
Presentations will be made by key innovators in the aerospace, renewable and marine sectors and will include the following:
▪ Innovative multi-axial fabrics for complex composite components - Sigmatex
▪ Automated composite manufacturing for aero engines components - Rolls-Royce
▪ Automation in the production of Wind Energy Composite Components Vestas
▪ Advances in the Automated Manufacturing of Large Composites Marine Structures Princess Yachts.
▪ Rapid Dry Carbon Fibre Lay-up - Bombardier Aerospace
▪ Automated Fibre Placement of Complex Composite Structures - Cobham Composite Technologies
Full details of the seminar, SME and enrolment from SAMPE UK & Ireland website.
The UK's Engineering Industries Association (EIA) and the Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA) have received confirmation of government funding for UK engineering companies to exhibit at overseas trade shows.
Thai Flight Training (TFT), a subsidiary of Thai Airways, recently ordered an Airbus A320 door trainer from Spatial Composite Solutions.
Solvay reports that Advanced Sensor Technologies Inc (ASTi) has selected Ryton polyphenylene sulphide (PPS) to mould protective housings for two industrial-grade sensors.