09 April 2010
09 April 2010
The agenda has been set for the 2010 Paris Conferences and Forums, which will take place during the JEC Composites Show Paris April 13-15 2010.
The 3 day program comprises 12 conferences and forums, including 3 brand-new ones. These conferences and forums will bring together about 100 speakers from 20 nationalities with very prestigious confirmed names, such as Audi, Airbus, Bombardier Aerospace, Dassault Aviation, Decathlon/Artengo, EADS, EADS Astrium Space Transportation, Eurocopter, Gamesa, Lamborghini, Toyota Motor Corporation, Total Petrochemicals… just to name a few of them. More than 2,000 qualified attendees are expected.
Today, environmental regulations act as a new innovative driver for a shift in the composites market, and the eco theme runs through many of the conferences and presentations.
Amongst the presentations Composites Evolution (stand M83) will talk about the development of a new family of aligned natural fibre composites for high-performance applications and their subsequent commercialisation under the name Biotex (pictured), during the Bio-Based Materials Forum on Wednesday, April 14 - 2.30pm / 5.00pm
In land transportation lightweight composite structures have a big role to play in reducing both the use of petrochemicals and CO2 emissions.In the 2010 Automotive forum, Audi, Lamborghini, Toyota Motor Corporation will explain how they rely on composite to meet the most stringent environmental regulations.
Add to this the fact that low-weight carbon fiber structures reach the ends of their service lives, and it then becomes obvious that Recycling and Life Cycle Management is now a key eco challenge. This is why JEC has launched in 2010 its first forum on this subject.
6 Industry End-User Forums
▪ Aeronautics: Controlling cost of aircraft structures - Thursday, April 15 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
▪ Automotive: Meeting ever more stringent environmental regulations - Tuesday, April 13 - 2.30 pm / 5.00
▪ Construction And Civil Engineering: Becoming established - Tuesday, April 13 - 10.30 am / 1.00
▪ Marine: Improving quality and producing at low costs - Thursday, April 15 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
▪ Rail And Road Transportation: Reducing costs and CO2 pollution - Thursday, April 15 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
▪ Wind Energy: Focusing on higher quality and reliability at market price - Thursday, April 15 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
3 Cross-Industry Forums
▪ Recycling aAnd Life Cycle Management: Recycling as part of an integrated life cycle management - Tuesday, April 13 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
▪ Bio-Based Materials: Going green! - Wednesday, April 14 - 2.30pm / 5.00pm
▪ Automation: Reducing the cost of manufacturing composite parts - Wednesday, April 14 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
3 Technical Conferences
▪ Composites Design: Acquiring proficiency in composites design - Wednesday, April 14 - 10.30 am / 1.00 pm
▪ Composites Simulation: Optimizing the design and manufacturing simulation processes - Wednesday, April 14 - 2.30pm / 5.00pm
▪ Composites Development Process: Exploring challenges of process chain for CFRP structures - Tuesday, April 13 - 2.30 pm / 5.00 pm
Zünd UK demonstrated its precision cutting systems at Advanced Engineering 2018, focusing on how they can increase productivity and maximise profits for customers across a variety of business sectors.
LM Wind Power has inaugurated a Technology Centre Americas facility to develop and test new techniques for designing and building wind turbine blades at its facility on the NASA Michoud campus outside of New Orleans, Louisiana, US.
Chomarat has invested in a new pilot production line to develop its next generation of scrim reinforcements for the construction market. Conceived for the development of cement board and roof-waterproofing reinforcements, the machine can also develop materials for new markets.