24 September 2006
24 September 2006
JEC, in alliance with the China FRP Institute which organises the China Composites Expo trade show, has announced the 10 awards were presented during the show.
In the Materials category: two glass fibre applications were awarded, one basalt and one phenolic gelcoat (high degree of fire-resistance):
- 3-D glass fabric reinforcement and its composite panels from Changzhou Bailong 3-D composite company Ltd
- ECR (E-glass of chemical resistance) Glass Fiber from Chongqing Polycomp International Corp.
- Modified Phenolic Gel Coat for FRP Product from Changshou Dongnam Plastic Company Ltd
- Basalt fibre composite cylinder and rebar from Shanghai Russia & Gold Baslt fiber Co. Ltd of Hengdian Group
In the Applications Category: 6 particularly innovative applications drew the attention of the jury Wind energy
- LZ 77-1.5 MW Composite blade for wind generation from Lianyungang ZhongfuLianzhong Composites Group Corporation
- Antenna caps for wide band application Company from Shanghai FRP Research Institute Automobile sector
- Engine Air Box prototype for Ferrari F430 from Huntsman Advanced Materials Sports & leisure
- SMC Basketball Board from Shenzhen Huada FRP Products Co., Ltd and Boter Sports Equipment Company Ltd. (USA)
- Thermoplastic products for sports stadium enclosure from Aerospace Research Institute of Materials & Processing Technology
- Electric Insulator with large size and thick wall from Beijing Composite Material Co., Ltd
Frédérique Mutel, JEC General Manager indicated, ""Since JEC had the expertise for technological intelligence on innovation, it suggested to the China FRP Institute that Chinese innovation should be assessed via a competition and awards, a process started in 2005"".
The Composites China Expo show will be held from September 12-14, 2007 in Beijing.
Sicomin will introduce new epoxy systems and marine collaborations at Advanced Engineering 2018.
Scott Bader, a manufacturer of gelcoats, resins and adhesives, will showcase its recently launched Crestafire and Crestafix product ranges at this year’s Advanced Engineering show.
New at Advanced Engineering 2018 will be the Rösler 'plug and play' RMO trough machine, a compact, mobile and versatile system for finishing both plastic and metal parts, including AM/3D printed.