12 March 2004
12 March 2004
PCC has developed a proprietary powder acceleration coating process to produce PowderPregs with a range of characteristics. The new materials are claimed to offer:
- Impregnation level of 2% to 95% resin per reinforcement by weight
- Execute uniform resin distribution for reduced waste
- Impregnation of one or both sides of the reinforcement in one pass
- The ability to mix diverse powders for special properties
- The use of different resins on each side of the fabric
The solvent-free powder acceleration coating process is suitable for a range of reinforcement fibres and constructions, as well as a wide range of thermoplastic and thermoset resins (PP.).
For the first time, PCC will be exhibiting its full line of powder-coated composites at JEC 2004 in Paris.
Toho Tenax is introducing a high-tensile, highly shock-resistant prepreg that incorporates carbon fibre developed for aerospace applications and carbon nanotubes (CNTs).
NTPT is collaborating with the Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne - Swiss Centre of Technology (EPFL) and other partners to research discontinuous fibre composite tubes for high performance applications.
Hexcel is promoting its range of composite materials for skis, snowboards and other high performance winter sports equipment at ISPO Munich 2018 on 28-31 January.