27 July 2001
27 July 2001
The dates have been selected for the International Filament Winding Seminar 2002 as March 20-22, 2002 in Salt Lake City, UT at the Quality Inn City Center.
This will be the 11th year since the group of instructors has put on this in-depth Seminar covering filament winding and fiber placement technology since the first offering in 1992. Advanced Composites Seminars core instructors consist of: Dr. Scott Beckwith (BTG Composites LLC, Murray, UT), John Green (The Green Sales Guy, Inc., Sandy, UT), Axel Seifert (Material S.A., Brussels, Belgium) and Dr. Brian Spencer (Spencer Composites Corporation, Sacramento, CA).
The 3-day annual event will feature extensive coverage of all areas of technology associated with filament winding/fiber placement manufacturing with the following areas covered by the team of well-known instructors:
- Process materials (fibers, resins, towpregs, peripheral materials)
- Design methodology, analysis techniques and failure criteria
- Overview of the process and equipment technology
- Test methods for filament wound structures
- Tooling approaches commonly used
- Processing `tricks-of-the-trade’
- Winding software program technology
- In-depth software, design and analysis examples
- Corrosion products design (pipes, fittings, and tank systems)
- Examples of various applications and market products
In addition to the planned 3-day course activities, the Seminar will involve invited industry presenters and Table Top Exhibits. As in the past, an extensive notebook of the event activities and presentations is provided to the attendees. Both advanced composite materials and conventional FRP composites applications will be covered during the Seminar.
McCarthy Environmental, the UK’s sole supplier of ESTA equipment, is exhibiting at Advanced Engineering 2018 under the name ESTA Extraction. The company provides extraction and LEV (Local Exhaust Ventilation) systems and training across the UK and Northern Ireland.