NetComposites Ltd has transferred the rights and ownership of this website to Gardner Business Media Inc.
On 1st January 2020, NetComposites' media assets including netcomposites.com, newsletters and conferences were transferred to Composites World (Gardner Business Media).
This site is no longer being updated. Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details see our joint press release.
Below is a review of the general outline for steps in performing composite repair, but with detail added specifically for a scarfed repair with flush bonded repair patch.
1. Inspect for extent of damage:
2. Get best access possible, both sides if feasible.
3. Remove all damaged and delaminated material.
4. Grind away scarf angle taper:
5. Determine ply orientations and materials of original structure.
6. Replace plies:
7. Vacuum-bag and cure repair plies as required
8. Trim to net edge dimensions after cure, if necessary.
9. Inspect repair for delaminations, inclusions, proper cure documentation, etc.
10. Sand and finish as required.
Published courtesy of Abaris Training Resources, Inc
Share this article