Below is a review of the general outline for steps in performing composite repair, but with detail added specifically for a scarfed repair with flush bonded repair patch.
1. Inspect for extent of damage:
2. Get best access possible, both sides if feasible.
3. Remove all damaged and delaminated material.
4. Grind away scarf angle taper:
5. Determine ply orientations and materials of original structure.
6. Replace plies:
7. Vacuum-bag and cure repair plies as required
8. Trim to net edge dimensions after cure, if necessary.
9. Inspect repair for delaminations, inclusions, proper cure documentation, etc.
10. Sand and finish as required.
Published courtesy of Abaris Training Resources, Inc