Build your ‘hands-on’ expertise in the Testing of Materials
- 07 Sep 2016
- Sheffield, UK
- Event Website
- Arrival coffee and tea
- Welcome and introduction
- Objectives of the day
- Introducing the famous five!
Deepen your ‘hands-on’ skills to perform five key tests:
- Tension testing – Tension test to determine material tensile strength and ductility
- Compression testing - Compression test to characterise the compressive properties of materials
- Light lunch, networking opportunity and tour of the Diamond facility
- Bending/flexual testing - 3 point bend test, measuring flexural stress, flexural strain and modulus of elasticity in bending
- Cycling testing – Spring cyclic test to give an overview of cyclic fatigue testing
- Peel/friction testing – Peel test to determine adhesive and bond properties of materials
- Ask an expert session and iPad mini competition winner announcement
- Workshop summary and Issuing of participant certificates
Is this workshop right for you? This course will be valuable for...
- Any engineers involved in materials testing - design, manufacturing, quality and test engineers.
- Academic staff, technical staff and research students.
- Sales people and purchasing agents with technical backgrounds involved in the purchase of testing equipment.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the best practices of materials testing - theory and hands-on.
Lunches, refreshments, and a complete set of workshop notes will be provided during the course
SPACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
To secure your FREE place(s) please e-mail your preferred course date to: Nic Brown at MTMinfo@shimadzu.co.uk or call 07525 702 646/01908 55 22 03
The University of Sheffield
Edit this event